Our holistic planning process
At Mercurio Wealth Advisors, we believe education is the foundation to any sound financial strategy. That’s why we emphasize a partnership of learning throughout our Retirement 360 Gameplan™ Process, a holistic approach aimed at helping you get to the retirement of your dreams.
What’s important to you, your family and your legacy? What values shape your decisions and priorities? Are there unique obstacles and challenges between you and your retirement? These are just a few of the matters we’ll discuss at this initial visit, where you can also
expect to examine:
• How much money do you spend each month?
• What is your total monthly income (salary, pension, Social Security, rental income, etc.)?
• How much are you contributing to a savings or retirement account?
• Are you more concerned about growth or protecting your wealth?
• Do you wish to leave an inheritance to your family?
• Are you concerned about the high costs associated with long-term care?
• What, if any, major expenses or one-time income sources do you anticipate in the foreseeable future?
• Are there any tax, estate or Medicare planning needs you would like to see addressed?
Using the data, documents and statements you provide, we’ll create your Retirement 360 Scorecard™. We’ll also explain our philosophy, process and RETIREMENT 360 GAMEPLAN™.
Above all, this visit is about listening and learning — a process that goes both ways.
This is an in-depth look at where you are now. Through reviewing your Retirement 360 Scorecard™, performing a portfolio stress test and conducting thorough income and tax analyses, we’ll answer four important questions:
• Have you saved enough to experience the retirement you’ve always envisioned?
• Will your retirement income keep up with inflation?
• Does your portfolio’s risk match your personal risk tolerance?
• Will Uncle Sam be the biggest beneficiary of your life savings?
With that information in hand, we’ll begin building your personalized RETIREMENT 360 GAMEPLAN™ — and determine how and where we can add value as your life unfolds.
It’s time to review the details of your custom RETIREMENT 360 GAMEPLAN™, which will include:
• An income plan that will show you the optimal time to take your Social Security and/or pension
• An investment strategy to support your income plan and mirror your risk tolerance
• Tax strategies and additional advanced planning techniques that could save you thousands of dollars
If you’ve made it this far, chances are we’ve mutually decided it makes sense to work together. We’ll make it official — and start the process of putting your RETIREMENT 360 GAMEPLAN™ into play.
Welcome to the Mercurio Wealth Advisors family! In addition to reviewing your RETIREMENT 360 GAMEPLAN™ one more time, we’ll also:
• Implement your Retirement 360 Gameplan™ and start the transfer process.
• Implement advanced planning
• Establish regular strategic/tactical review meetings
You can have added confidence that we will monitor your plan’s performance and make suggestions as needed to ensure it continues to be as successful as possible.
A Partnership of Learning
At Mercurio Wealth Advisors, we believe education is the foundation to any sound financial strategy. That’s why we emphasize teaching — not selling — throughout our Retirement 360 Gameplan™ Process, a holistic approach aimed at helping you get to the retirement of your dreams.
The first aspect of the Retirement 360 Gameplan™ is determining where you will get income from in retirement. Based on what we have learned in the discovery meeting, we will create a plan for your retirement income. This typically includes:
- Social Security maximization
- Income & expense analysis
- Inflation plan
- Spousal plan
- Longevity protection
Once your income plan is established, we will create an investment plan for the remaining assets that you do not need to draw from month to month. This typically includes:
- Assessing your risk tolerance
- Adjusting your portfolio to reduce fees
- Volatility control
- Evaluate ways to reduce risk while still working toward your goals
- Comprehensive institutional money management.
Advanced Financial Planning
No financial plan is completely devoid of risks. Our plan includes strategies to minimize risk and balance rewards to suit your situation. This generally involves:
- Focusing on your risk tolerance vs risk capacity
- Reviewing and planning for scenarios like loss of income or the need for long term care that could derail your retirement
- Portfolio risk alignment evaluation
- Using sophisticated analysis to find the exact amount of risk you, as an investor, are comfortable assuming.
Any comprehensive retirement plan will include a strategy for decreasing tax liabilities. This typically includes:
• Assessing the taxable nature of your current holdings
• Possible IRA planning
• Strategizing ways to include tax-deferred or tax-free money in your plan
• Strategizing which tax category to draw income from first to potentially reduce tax burden
• Discussing ways to leverage your qualified money to leave tax-free dollars to your beneficiaries
Tax Efficient Strategies
Medical & Healthcare
We will create a plan to help you address rising healthcare costs with a minimum of expense, including:
• Looking at all aspects of Medicare, Parts A, B and D
• Analyzing options for a long-term care plan
It is important to ensure your hard-earned assets go to your beneficiaries in the most tax efficient manner. By working collaboratively with a qualified estate planning attorney, our goal will be to help you:
• Maximize your estate and income tax planning opportunities
• Protect any assets in trust and ensure they are distributed to your beneficiaries probate-free
• Prevent your IRA and qualified accounts from becoming fully taxable to your beneficiaries upon your death